Tuesday, October 15, 2013

An Open Letter to Our Government





I know those first two are humorous.  But friends, this situation isn't humorous.  Not at all.

In fact, I think the last photo sums it all up pretty well.

For those who don't know me well, I need to let you know that I can get pretty fired up about politics.  I didn't for about 12 years because I was laughed at and ridiculed for trying to have adult conversations about politics.  But now that I am me again, I talk about this stuff.  And I love it...to the point that I hate it.

But this post isn't about choosing sides, or pointing fingers.

This post is to publicly say that I'm beyond disgusted with the childish behavior of EVERYONE in DC.

That's great that the Republicans took a stand against what they think is wrong (Obamacare).  But at the expense of their constituents' pay checks?

And the Democrats, Obama included...you are not holier-than-thou.  Stop acting like it.

You all are supposed to be adults.  I hired you to make decisions on my behalf.  Shutting down the government was NOT on my agenda.

You are playing a (losing) game of chess with the greatest nation on Earth.  Each day that you all hold out on each other, you are weakening this nation.

Mr. President and Members of Congress, YOU are solely responsible for the demise of this country.  You are personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of families currently living without income.  You are responsible for those people possibly defaulting on THEIR BILLS.  Ironically, they probably had working budgets before you took away their incomes.

If I was this indecent and uncooperative at work, I would be fired.

Members of Congress, I hope you're enjoying your time in office.  Election season can't come soon enough.

And Mr. President...well, great work with the "legacy" that you are helping leave on this nation.  Very disappointing.

Signed,
YOUR BOSS, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Jenn said...

AMEN. Seriously, everyone is DC are acting like a bunch of six year olds on the playground - at the expense of every American citizen. I'm beyond disgusted with the whole situation.

Holly said...

I LOVE how you signed the letter. The government forgets, and in turn makes us forget, that they work for US!