Thursday, May 16, 2013

Patterns



When I was younger, like, junior high and high school, I had a problem...kind of an addiction...an OCD issue, actually.  When I would look at a digital clock, I had to divide the hour by the minute, like, had to do it, every time.  If the answer wasn't a whole number, I had to wait, staring at the clock, until the equation equaled a whole number.  I literally made myself insane doing this, to the point that I would, in my head, beg myself to stop staring at the clock.  At some point, I grew out of this habit, luckily before I completely went insane.

I'm fairly certain that NO ONE knows that little tidbit.  You're welcome.

I've mentioned before that I"m a creature of habit.  I would be the easiest person in the world to stalk.  It's ridiculous and annoying.  But it's who I am and how I roll.

I started writing this post while thinking about the patterns, or habits, of successful people.  These people, these successful types...they have certain things they do, day in and day out, no matter how tired they are, how lazy they feel, how hormonal they get...they just do it.

And let me be clear.  By "successful," I don't only mean financially successful people  Sure, Oprah and Trump have certain ways of doing thing, and clearly it works for them.  But I'm talking about people who are successful in life in general, whether it be in their own business, in their marriage, in raising perfect little angels...people who are success at their LIVES do certain things.  My take on what those things are:

1. They study.  They read, take classes, further educate themselves in whatever it is that they want to be successful at.

2. They are teachable.  Please take this very literally, and hopefully to heart: YOUR EGO is the only thing holding you back from whatever it is that you want your success to be.  Ego creates fear, hesitation, road blocks.  Get over yourself.  Only then can you move forward.

3. They are PASSIONATE.   We've talked about this, but plain and simple: if your heart and soul aren't deeply rooted in whatever it is that you want your success to be, then you need to question why you want to be successful at that thing.  If you're not dumping your everything into it, then you likely don't want it that badly.

4. They are humble.  I'm not saying that Trump is out apologizing for anything, ever, but normal people see the world and realize that faults are a part of it.  Shyte happens.  Successful people deal with that and move on to next steps.

All of this stems from the fact that I haven't been following #1 very well.  I've been flaking on trainings.  I've been lazy when it comes to remembering to login to webinars, listen in on calls, go to FREE local trainings.

If I want to succeed the way that I want to, and the way that I KNOW that I'm capable, then I need to get my act together.  Because this boat is sailing with or without me.  And who doesn't want to have a major chunk of a soon-to-be billion dollar company? 

I know, right?

OK, that's it.  Have fabulous weekends, my beautiful friends!  Love your faces!

Have an awesome day!
Ang


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I tap my feet while in a car (if I'm not driving) to every telephone poll and the space between them. I also count in my head (all the time) so don't worry, you're not alone! xo!

Jenn said...

OMG! I LOVE the story about the clock. That just made my afternoon :).