Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slow and Steady

borrowed from a friend via facebook

I used to run really slowly.  In fact, I remember telling my friend once when he asked if I wanted to go run with him, that I would probably walk faster than he was going to run. 

Today, I ran a just-over-9-minute-mile.  Not too shabby.  On Sunday, I did my Badger Mt. loop (3 miles total, the first half is a steep uphill hike, the second half is a run along the backside of the hill) in 33:45, my best time so far this season.

My point is, I'm picking up the pace.

I won't ever be the fastest.  There will always be people who hike faster, run faster, reach AdvoCare leadership levels faster.  But I am in this race for the journey, not for the destination.  I will do what I need to do, and I will do it on my time.  And I am learning to accept that about myself.  I am learning to change my thinking about these facts.  I'm not lazy, I'm not unteachable.  I'm not trying to be difficult.

I am trying to change myself and get outside of my comfort zone.  And I am trying to make each and every day greater than the day before.  It starts with the little things, repeated day in and day out.  Those little things will lead to the grand goal, guaranteed!

Friends, what speed are you working at?  And are you looking at the journey or the destination?

Have an awesome day!
Ang




And right after I posted this, I found this loveliness on a fb group I belong to..."Success is a staircase, not a doorway".  It happens over time, not over night.  It all starts with belief. Take the steps necessary to Success, start the journey up the staircase.  It doesn't matter if it takes you 6 months or 6 years, make your plan, get to work and you can have life on your terms."  FACT!


Follow on Bloglovin