Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hold the Mayo


 Original recipe here and pinned here

Did you know that avocado makes an awesome mayo-esque substitute?

I found some recipe somewhere that talked about deviled eggs with avocado.  I didn't save it, or read it exceptionally well, but Friday night, I did take a couple boiled eggs and mix in some avocado and garlic powder...YUM!

And the little creation above is my take on a Pinterest recipe.   I've never been a fan of chicken salad, most likely because it's usually made with 40 tons of mayo.  This recipe uses avocado instead of the dreaded mayo. Actually, the original recipe calls for "just a little" mayo, but I omitted it.  So this is what I did:
1 chicken breast, boiled, then shredded
1/2 avocado, cubed
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Little sea salt
Some fresh ground pepper

Mix that stuff up thoroughly and taste and feel your taste buds do a little dance!

The recipe then says to eat it in a pita or with chips, both of which are not paleo friendly, so I threw my chicken salad on some sliced/salted/peppered romas.  Perfection on my plate!  I'm not big on salting stuff; I'd rather use other spices and seasonings, but just the tiniest bit of sea salt really brings out the flavor in food.  Who even knew?!

I had other stuff that I wanted to write about tonight, but my brain is still trying to process it all (don't worry...it's not bad, for me...just interesting), so I'll save that for tomorrow.

I'll leave you with this: for those of you that like to stalk me, I'll be in Portland this weekend helping with a couple of AdvoCare get togethers.  If you're interested in learning more about the awesomeness that is AdvoCare, leave me a comment/shoot me an email.  Let's discuss!

Annnndddd....for those of you that REALLY pay attention, and who have emailed asking me when it was going to happen...YES, I'll be seeing that boy from college this weekend...FINALLY!  WOOHOO!  OK, that is all.  Here's to this week flying by!

Have an awesome day!
Ang


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Jenn said...

First, BOY date! YAH! :) Can't wait to hear all about this exciting development!

Second, holy YUM! I'm making this for lunches!

Hope you had a great weekend friend! :)