Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Once Upon A Time...

here and here

Once upon a time, in a life far far away, I met a boy.  I like to call him the one that got away/my college sweetheart-type person (if I would not have already been dating/engaged to the first ex-husband). I know...I'm a bad person.  Judge me later.

Anyhoo, I hung out with this guy while I was in college.  He was pretty much my best friend, and then we liked each other, and then I thought about not getting married, and he hoped I wouldn't, but then I did, and he was pretty upset, and we became unfriends.  The last time I saw him was the day we graduated...in 1998 (shut it...you already know I'm old!).

Fast forward about 11 years later, I stalked found him on the facebook about four years ago.  Said hello.  We talked a little.  He was married, lived in Portland, I was married, lived in Portland.  It was good to catch up and that was that.  Soon after, his facebook account no longer existed.

And then a month ago...I was in Portland having a glass of wine at a restaurant bar with a girlfriend that I hadn't seen in years.  Random guy comes up behind me...is this your purse (spread across the entire bar), yes, sorry...move said luggage, keep talking to girlfriend, don't even look at the guy.  Linds and I keep chatting, we try and get a photo (duh) and need to switch sides because of our hair parts (don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about), bartender takes said photo, we need to leave, stand up to go and said man stands up in our way.  "Are you Angie?"  Ummmm....yes...????  HOLY CRAP!  The one that got away!  WOW!  Hey, how are you?  Hug.  Take note that girl he is having dinner with is not girl from facebook marriage.  Where are you living, Tri Cities, you?  Still Portland.  Awesome!  Great to see you, must go.......heart racing, mind racing...

Monday morning, being the good little stalker that I am, I find an email address and send a note...I'm still in shock...15 years.....wow! Great to see you!  A few emails and texts, an invite for drinks the next time I'm in P-town, which still hasn't happened.  But there's plenty of time for that.  Fifteen years has already passed.  Waiting a bit longer to catch up isn't going to hurt anything.

Friends, what's making you smile today?

Have an awesome day!
Ang    

3 comments:

Jenn said...

WHY HAVE I NEVER EVER HEARD THIS STORY?

ps. This story is what's making me smile today :) Like, big smiles friend.

Jenn said...

Oh I got so distracted by the story, I forgot to mention that I really like your new banner! Hooray for web design!

New Life in Spain said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
How exciting! Madre mia, when will you see him when will you see him?