Thursday, March 14, 2013

Non-Friday's Letters

here and here
I just don't feel like doing Friday's Letters today.  Is that OK?  My body is tired, and I kind of did them yesterday, and I just wanted to say hello to you instead.  Hello.  :)

Friends, today, this afternoon, was perfect!  I left work a bit early, hiked Badger (got rid of two minutes from Sunday's hike! YEA!), cleaned the house, still have the sliding glass door and bedroom window open...it's a great little evening around these parts.

So, notes on those words above...why is it that we think the worst first?  I sat in a meeting today (so.boring.) where we are trying to figure out how to make the masses communicate more effectively. Three of us share our opinions on just brain storming without restraint because we are a focus group and that's what we've been tasked with.  It is not our job to decide if there is money to do what we think should happen.  It is our job to come up with ideas for change.  Three seconds later, another group member speaks up..."well, what if there isn't money to get it done?"  My response (remember, I'm PMSing...): what is the point in having these meetings if we're going to try and predict what they will LET us do.  If we're going to worry about finances, which we know nothing about, then we shouldn't even be meeting."  grrrrrr.....

I believe that the thought of "what if it doesn't go this or that way" halts us in our tracks far too often.  We look at a situation and think, this could happen, that could happen, what about this and that...and 99.99999% of that is negative.  How did we get this way?  Why are we prone to lead toward the worst case scenario?  And I ramble....

Friends, let's not.  Let's just not.  For one day, let's just think that it's all going to be good.  Walk around with a smile on your face, and more importantly, a smile in your heart, and the words in your mind, "yes, today is a YES day!"  Think about what COULD happen!!  Just a little experiment.  I'm committed...I'm doing this!  Will you join me?

I double dog dare you...walk around with a smile on your face and heart, and a YES in your mind.  See what happens!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

Nikki said...

This reminds me of the movie Yes Man. Ever see that?

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I freaking love you back! You truly are gold. I only wish I was half the woman you are! Even on a suckass day you manage to find a little smile.