Sunday, March 31, 2013

Forgiveness





I carry a lot of guilt.  Guilt over things I've done in the past consumes me if I let it.  Most days, I don't let it.  And then some days, something will happen that reminds me, and my heart grows heavy. 

But the thing is, it's OK. 

Yes, I have done things that I am not proud of, but at the same time, I am very aware of these things, strive to be a GREATER person, and refuse to be in situations that lead me down the dark path.  And the reason that the past still haunts me is because I haven't forgiven myself.

Think about that for a minute...forgive myself...

We're taught to forgive others when they hurt us.  Sometimes that's easier said than done, but it's always the right thing to do, forgive others. Forgiving others means that you're letting go of the hurt/anger/whateverness that is most likely eating you from the inside out. 

I don't feel that I harbor any anger/hurt/whateverness toward anyone.  I believe that I'm up to date on my forgiveness of others.  But forgiveness of myself...I have a lot of work to do.  I've recently realized that this is something I need to work on, so it's still a challenge, but I do know that once I am able to let it all go, turn it all over, forgive myself, at that time my heart will be free and my mind will be clear.  And I'm really looking forward to that day!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I think we all struggle a little with forgiving our self. I know I do! I love you!

Jenn said...

Ah, so, so true. Forgiving yourself is the HARDEST. But, arguably the most important!

New Life in Spain said...

It's actually really hard to forgive oneself. :-/