Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Five Things, Because It's the Cool Thing To Do




5. I don't like to talk on the phone.  I wouldn't call it a fear, but for whatever reason, I find it easier to text, message, email...anything but talk on the phone.  I have to talk myself into calling people.  Not good for a relationship-based business like AdvoCare.  I'm working on it.  PICK UP THE PHONE ANGIE!  But don't worry...if you call me, and I'm available, I'll answer the phone.  I just have a hard time initiating the call.  And it annoys the crap out of me, because it makes absolutely NO SENSE, being that I'm probably the most social/friendly/talkative person you've ever met.  Just sayin.

4. In the past, I had a beautiful collection of books (I blame it on my English degree).  I would go to Borders or Barnes and Noble and look at beautiful books, touching, reading, wanting...and buying.  And then never reading.  I am not a fan of reading, never have been.  But I love to own books.  No, I don't think it makes me look smarter, because they aren't on display where people can see them.  I just like to own them.  I have since given up this obsession, and have started to actually read the books that I now own.

3. Diesl My Schmiesl turns 9 on Friday.  That's my dog, my best boy, the guy thatI sleep with every night.  I can't believe he's going to be 9!  Seems like just yesterday when that fat little roly poly came to be my BFF.  I love his fat face so very much!

2.  I once knew a man who is (currently, to the best of my knowledge) a federal public defender.  He has the task of protecting the American principle of "innocent until proven guilty," specifically in the cases of several people "relocated" to Guantanamo Bay after 9/11.  He wrote a book that recounts two specific cases of men he defended.  The book is called Kafka Comes to America.  Absolutely fascinating read (even though I've only read half of it).  (See #4 above, beautiful book collection, even though this one was given to me, and #3, Diesl's bday, because I was searching for the paperwork to verify his bday and found the book...in the bottom of my filing cabinet.)

1. Last Saturday, I ousted one stress(or) from my life.  And I slept like a baby that night (clearly, I made the right choice).  But now I have several new "options" to think about, and a final decision to make...that needs to be made sooner rather than later.  I'm feeling good about these choices that lie in front of me, and I'm leaning heavily toward one in particular, but the other one keeps coming back to question any "final decision" I think I've made.  I've decided to take this week off from making huge decisions, and will pursue options next week.  But more changes are coming, friends.  And either way, whichever way I am led, the decision that is made will be the right one and I'm pretty excited about it all!

Thank you for coming to see me, friends!  Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Funny! I too hate the phone. I feel so anti-social, but it's so annoying to have to call someone!

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Diesl! I can't believe he's NINE! OMG.

New Life in Spain said...

I could have written number 5! Don't know what it is, but I am really reluctant to make phone calls too.

Number 4: I looove having books! But I also love reading them. I am not able to toss away books, I save and save. My father owned a bookstore when I was growing up and our house was filled with books. Love books!