Monday, February 25, 2013

Food Blogging

Don't worry, I won't really become a food blogger.  But I am so stinking excited about the food I've made the last two days.  I showed you Sunday's extravaganza.  Tonight, I turned these:


into these:

Recipe here

That's brussell sprouts and rudabaga.  I had never eaten rudabaga, and I will tell you right now, I'm in love.  It was kind of sweet...barely, but a little bit.  This will likely be my new go to veggie side dish.  Oh, and as you can see, it made about two tons of food for little ol' me, so I'll be eating this for a while anyway.  Maybe after this week, it won't be my go to...

Last week, I told my coworker that I was going to start "being" Paleo, and today she brought me two monster cookbooks!  WOOHOO!  I was worried about breakfast, since oatmeal is no longer allowed.  I need something very portable because I eat breakfast while driving to work in the mornings (how is it illegal for me to touch my cell phone while I drive, but I can eat all I want...that which I do while driving with my knees.  At least when I'm talking on the phone, I have one hand on the wheel).

Low and behold, as I flipped through one book this evening, I found these babies:

These photos are why I will NOT be a food blogger...sheesh!

Little eggie muffins!  Whisked eggs, sauteed onion and orange bell pepper, some salt and pepper, and my favorite Canadian bacon/ham goodness from Trader Joe's, baked in a muffin tin for 15 minutes at 350.  Breakfast on the go!  And they're freezable! Bonus!

So, that's what I have for you today, my beautiful friends.  I sense that I will become better at food photos...maybe.  We shall see. 

Eat well, my beautiful friends!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Heather Marie said...

yum both of these look so good! i love brussell sprouts, one of my favorite foods!

Jenn said...

Yummmmm. I love brussels, they are seriously the best. We eat them AT LEAST once a week :). And those egg muffins look awesome!


And ps. While I technically get the no-cell thing in the cars, I still eat and do my make up on occasion and in both situations I'm paying WAY less attention than when I'm on the phone. And yet I can't be pulled over for those. It makes so sense to me.

My-cliffnotes said...

Yum yum yum

New Life in Spain said...

I looove rudabaga, but I can't find it anywhere in Spain! It's like the most common vegetable up in Norway, miss it! That dish looks supernice!