Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feel the Power

here and here

I mentioned over here that I was going to take my back health.  And I've been on that mission for the last two and a half weeks.

For the past two and a half weeks, I have worked out 5-6 days/week, and on probably 4 of those days, I've accomplished my double (lift in the morning, cardio in the evening).

I would NOT say I've eaten very well.  In fact, I very much used the "I'm starting the 24 Day Challenge next week" excuse to eat anything and EVERYTHING in my path last week.  YIKES.  Friends, it was bad...really bad.

This week, we're eating clean, staying on track, and Cleansing.  And after only two days, I feel soooo much better!

I also incorporated a new workout supplement to my day.  It increases the nitric oxide levels to help feed your muscles.  I  have been taking this before my a.m. and p.m. workouts for the past two weeks.  To be honest, I didn't really notice a difference...that is, until my run tonight.  Holy my goodness!  I hadn't ran in about three weeks (I was doing other cardio activities), and assumed that I would have the worst run of my life.  Not.The.Case.  YAHOO!  I felt like I could run foreeeeeever!

That is, until my mind tried to talk me out of it.  Enter the words above.  My mind tried to tell me I was tired, having trouble breathing, had an appointment tonight so I needed to hurry up and finish.  But when I stopped (well, not really stopped) and listened to my body, I wasn't sore.  I wasn't out of breath.  I was KILLING IT.  My mind was just being dumb.

I "felt the fear" (not sure what I was afraid of though) and I did it anyway!  And that run set the tone for my meeting this evening!  Friends, it's a good thing.

So, all of this ramblingness...what does it mean (double rainbow?) ?  It means that I didn't give up.  I didn't let my mind take over (like it had all flippin day long).  I didn't let my mind ruin my run.  I let my run fix my mind!

Friends, how are your workouts coming along?  Are you letting your mind control your actions in a negative way?  Or are you telling any doubt and negative thoughts to take a hike?

Have an awesome day!
Ang


1 comment:

New Life in Spain said...

I love that quote! And that you slapped your mind and kept going :)