Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back To Basics

here and here

Hello beautiful friends!  Happy almost the end of the week!

So, I'm back to my basics.  I'm back to being me. I'm back to spreading sunshine all over this beautiful Earth...except for in this blog.  At least I don't think I am.  And what I think I figured out today is that I'm bored.  I'm bored with my blog. (insert sad face here)

Don't fret!  I'm not bored enough to stop writing. I wouldn't do that to myself you all!  But I am bored with my layout and what it looks like.  Just bored.

I actually came to this realization today when I was thinking about food (I've found myself constantly thinking about food the last three days...not in a a "I'm hungry and must eat NOW" sort of way, but a, "I haven't enjoyed food in this way in so long...yea me!" sort of way).  Go with me...I'll get you there, promise!

So food...I've been bored out of my gourd with my cooking.  Same darn baked chicken and steamed veggies over and over.  And then it hit me today...no wonder I was letting so much pizza and nachos back into my diet...I was craving VARIETY, not crap food.  Granted, I've only cooked the good stuff for three days, but I've made stuff that I've never eaten before and my taste buds are alive again and I'm excited for my next meal (even if it is leftovers).  It's very exciting!

And I want to feel this way about blogging again.  I want to sit here at my kitchen table and let happy and encouraging words flow to you.  More importantly, I want you to BELIEVE my words.

How will I go about this, you ask?  A blog facelift, of course!  After all of that rambling, I'm asking for your help.  I want to prettify this blog, but really don't want to spend any cash to do it (or very VERY minimal cash).  Sooooo, will you please share with me your favorite DIY HTML sites.  And I really prefer "HTML for dummies" type stuff.  I've tried a couple of different times to fix this mess and have failed because I guess I can't read instructions? 

With your help, waves will wash over this blog and make it an exciting place again!  I appreciate any assistance you all can give!  Thank you!  I love you!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Friend you are awesome! How about you figure out HTML and then teach me .. yes? I really want to redo my site myself, but I am so awful at understanding HTML. Sad face. Check out pugly pixel though - I think she has HTML/CSS video tutorials.

New Life in Spain said...

Wow! I want to feel that way about my eating, I am seriously also cooking the same and the same and I am so bored with it! Feel very very free to share awesome recipes!

Kayla C said...

That's sorta how I feel about my blog too, I feel like I just don't have the patience. Too much to write and so little time! I'm not sure how blogger is setup, but I'd be so happy to help you with graphics if you have any ideas on what you like I can try to make them for you! I'm no pro by any means, but I've done all of the stuff on my blog just piece by piece.

Hope your Monday is off to a great start! <3