Monday, January 7, 2013

It's Possible...

It's possible that the weather tried to ruin my plans.

It's possible that I cried over that fact Friday afternoon after checking weather.com to see how the roads would be on Saturday.

It's possible that Friday night, I went for a run and then stayed busy until it was time for bed...which was (maybe) at about 10 p.m.

It's possible that I decided no matter what, snow, freezing rain, cold, grossness, I was going home.

It was possible that I would get half way home and be forced to turn around.

It was possible that if forced with the decision of turning around or moving forward, I would have continued forward.

Because I needed it.  I needed to be home.  I needed to see my family.  I needed to hug them all.

And so I did.

And it was worth every ounce of stress in my body.  



I wouldn't have missed those eight year old cheeks for anything!

How were your weekends, friends?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Family time is the best! I LOVE it!

Kayla C said...

Aww :) I'm so glad you did too! You're family looks very sweet and I'm so glad you made it there and back safely!

My weekend was pretty great, I relaxed and slept a lot! It was my last free weekend for while, so it was nice to just chillout a bit and rest my mind :)

Kara said...

Wow, good to know you made it to your destination safely! I'm also glad that I clicked over from Reader, because I love your new header! So pretty.

SEL said...

Glad you made it home safely. I totally understand what you're saying, too. Sometimes, you just HAVE to be home. The comfort, the belonging, everything just makes sense when you're home. I get it. xo

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I am glad you went home but I might kick your arse if you do that again if the conditions are bad you stay home little missy.

My-cliffnotes said...

Drive careful!! Happy birthday to your nephew?