Wednesday, January 16, 2013

From the Bed of My Death

via

You know what sucks about being single?  Absolutely nothing...until you're sick and need some soup and have no one to run to the store and get it for you. It is so stinking cold here and the very last thing I want to do is get to some point of looking halfway presentable to leave the house and run to the store.  But I digress....

And all of that talk about running five days, starting this week...ugh.  I did lift yesterday morning, but I think that exacerbated (I KNOW!  Huge word, huh?!) this illness.  Lame. I did take a half dose of Alka-Seltzer last night (only half because I'm allergic or something to antihistamines and would have taken days to wake up with a full dose) and set the alarm for 4:30 a.m. with full intentions of being cured this morning and hitting the gym.  Not so much.  And not so much when the alarm went off at the reset time of 5:20 either.  So here I am, at home, taking a sick day.

But good news.  The furnace repair man came to my house yesterday and fixed  my heat!  YAHOO!  The awesome part of why the furnace was blowing cold air more than hot?  Because I'm lazy and slightly forgetful and hadn't swapped out the filter and so it was causing the heat sensor to trip and the heat to turn off.  Good job, Ang. But less than $100 later, I have a sparkling clean furnace, new filter and lots and lots of heat.  Which is great, because this bug is not allowing my body to stay at a warm temp.

AND...last Friday, I decided I needed a new little journal, mostly for my AdvoCare work.  So I jumped on Amazon, found what I wanted, and it came today!!!


Goes back to that whole tattoo idea I have floating around in the back of my head.  Some day friends, some day.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got.  I'm going to go cuddle up on the couch with a couple of animals and maybe some Bravo.  If anyone wants to drop by with some chicken noodle soup or something, I'll  leave the front door unlocked.  Thank you in advance!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Kara said...

Oof. I can relate, friend. I'm not sick, but I am in pain from a dental procedure I got yesterday. Problem? I can't eat anything solid/substantial enough to warrant taking the good pain meds. It'd be nice to have someone around to find/make smoothies other soft stuff to eat!

Jenn said...

Friend, if I were closer I would bring you soup! I even have homemade chicken veggie in the fridge right now!

I hope you feel better soon! :)

New Life in Spain said...

I would have loved to drop by with some soup! Sorry you are feeling crap, hope you wake up feeling better today. Que te mejores!

I just bought a beautiful necklace with a dragonfly <3 The book is beautiful! And purple! Ah!

Emily said...

Oooo I completely agree with you - I don't pay attention to being single most of the time, until I am sick and suddenly it dawns on me that all I want in life is for someone else to get me soup. If I lived near you, I would definitely stop by with some for you! I am glad your heating is working again and I hope you feel better soon!