Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3:45 a.m.


 


 


 3:45 a.m. came super early this morning.


The cat wanted out of the bedroom.  When I'm asleep, he has this cute (I use the term loosely) way of letting me know he wants out...he lies on his back by the door and uses his back legs to repeatedly, and in quick succession, bang on the door.  The first time he did this, I thought my roommate was pounding on my bedroom door...scared the crap out of me!

Anyhoo, 3:45 a.m.  Cat.  Door.  I let him out, and saw that I only had 45 minutes until the alarm went off.  Dang cat.

Go back to bed.  The dog, who had apparently been curled up next to me, has promptly taken over my side of the bed, and is grumbling at me as I tell him to move it or lose it.  Finally he moves.  We settle in for that precious last 45 minutes.

And then the smoke detector starts chirping because its battery is dying.  Do they purposely set those to go off in the middle of the night?  So it chirps...about a dozen times...over a 15 minute period.

It's now 4:05 a.m.

The cat comes back, thumping at the door, wanting back in.  And so I oblige.  And resettle...as the 13 lb. cat settles on my chest.

I give up.  4:15 a.m.  I'm up.  I'm at 'em.  I'm headed to the gym.

It is now 9 p.m...and I can't get to bed fast enough.

But the sunset tonight was gorgeous, and I wanted to share it with you.  After two and a half weeks of gray sky that touched the earth, it was nice to see high clouds during the day, and the sun shining this evening.

Have an awesome day friends!
Ang

8 comments:

Nikki said...

My smoke alarm did that to me the other day. I wanted to die.

Chandra said...

your mornings sound similar to mine...less the cat! *love* the pictures you captured. you are workin' that camera:)

Jenn said...

Monkey figured out how to knock on the door?? Brilliant cat! But wow, that was a freaking early wake up call. Hope you got to sleep in a little longer today :).

ps. AMAZING photos!

Helene said...

I went to bed at 9pm last night and i did NOT get up that early!! but yes, that sunset is gorgeous! Helene in Between

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Don't don't feel bad we had tornados here and my 13 year old beast Labrador decided that in 40 mile an hour winds at 3 am needed to take a crap. And because she's an 80 pound fatass she gets to the porch and decided to stop and take a breath while the trees are bent sideways. I thought dogs sensed bad things but she has never been one to follow rules and intuition. EVER!

My-cliffnotes said...

So pretty, tell Mr kitty to hold it lol

Kayla C said...

B-E-A-UUUUTIFUL! Wow!

What a clever cat you've got- to bang on the door! My dog is too lazy for all of that, it's hard to get her to get up in the morning lol!

Emily said...

Uugghh smoke alarms are the worst and I am so much less willing to forgive them than the cat or dog. Gorgeous sunset!