Sunday, December 30, 2012

{reflections} Version 2012

This year...what a year.  I have never experienced so many deep, deep lows or so many skyward highs in such a short time period.  And to be honest, I hope I don't again...it is exhausting to be on this roller coaster and I much prefer the boringness of calm.   

But I do not regret a single second.  Every low and every high has been an experience that I have made me learn and grow.  Some have made me better, some have made me bitter.  Some have softened my smile, others have hardened my heart.  But each individual experience has made me who I am today.  And beginning January 1, 2013, the person who I am today will take me to incredible new heights!

The deep lows included...

The divorce

And heartache, and more heartache, and a lot of disappointment that has recently happened that has not been dispelled to blogland, and won't be, because it's not worth anyone's time to read about.

And a lot of slipping backwards.

But the highs...oh the HIGHS!!

Goodness among the pain

A body transformation (still in progress!)

I ran my first 5k!

Falling in love again with this place

Dirty Dash...the beginning of an amazing summer!!

4th of July

First Annual Weekend of Awesome!

And please, let's not forget San Sebastian, Madrid, Valencia, and my absolute favorite, Barcelona part one and part two.

Friends, it's been a crazy year.  The most important things I'm thankful for...my family standing by my side and always supporting me, my friends being pillars when I needed them, and you, you crazy kids out there in blogland who take precious moments of your days to be with me...I appreciate you so very much.  Thank you for finding me and sticking with me.  This new year?  It holds amazing things for all of us.  It will be my best one yet.  How about you? 

For New Year's Eve, I will be spending time with this crazy group of goodness...


Hey 2013?  BRING IT!  I'm waiting for you!!

Happy New Year friends!  Be safe and responsible!  Love you all so very much!!!

Ang

3 comments:

A Muse in Purple said...

I think I'll do a reflection post, sounds fun! Happy New Year sweets!

Nikki said...

LOVE this! You have been through so much. Like you said highs and lows and you are a better person because of all these things! Most importantly I am so so so glad you are in my life! I LOVE YOUR FACE! xoxo

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Definitely a year you will never forget - but glad there were so many highs as well!! Cheers to a bright and happy 2013!!