Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Goodie Day at Work and Other Christmas Happenings

Hello lovelies!  Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was Goodie Day at work!  YAHOO!  Many desserts, a few proteins, overall...holy yumminess!  My contribution was Microwave Caramel Corn.


This recipe has been in my family since I was young.  I'm not sure where my mom got it, but I'm so thankful that she has it!  It is tradition on Thanksgiving and Christmas that my sister and I (and now my nephew and niece!) make caramel corn...very first thing (10 a.m.?  OK!).  So YUMMY!

What's that?  You'd like the recipe?  Well of course you would!  I'm happy to share this goodness!

You'll need:
3/4 C popcorn kernels
1 C brown sugar
1 cube butter
1/4 C Karo syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Use an air popper to pop the kernels.  Place the popcorn in a brown paper bag and set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, syrup and salt.  Microwave ingredients for 1.5 minutes. Stir.  Microwave for 2 more minutes.  Remove from microwave; add baking power and stir.  Immediately pour syrup mixture over popcorn.  Roll paper bag top to close and then shake vigorously to coat popcorn.  Microwave coated popcorn for 1.5 minutes.  Remove from microwave and shake vigorously again.  Microwave for 1.5 more minutes.  Remove bag from microwave.  Pour popcorn onto wax paper to cool.  (My mom has a giant pyrex baking dish that is perfect for this task.)  Devour!

In other news...

My Christmas tree is finally standing! 



And other decorations are up as well.  It's not finished, but it's started, and that makes my heart happy!


So tell me friends...do you go wild and crazy on the Christmas decor, or keep it simple?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

My-cliffnotes said...

Yum I'm trying that popcorn tomorrow at work!!

New Life in Spain said...

I am missing the Christmas spirit completely! I just can't wrap my head around it being mid December in this climate. I know it's stupid but I grew up with Christmas being cold, dark, and white and that's just "how it's gotta be". Not sunny, 28 degrees C and a lovely sandy beach for my neigbor :) Oh well! I'll be home in Norway in time to soak it all up. Your pictures look so nice, I love a decorated home for Christmas. Luckily my mother puts up loads of nice decorations around the house and that's where I'll be!

Jenn said...

Um, YUM???!!! I want that now please :).

And your tree looks awesome friend! So festive :)

Anca said...

The popcorn looks amazing especially to a popcorn fanatic like me! I also love your decorations, the tree is so beautiful <3.

www.101FashionStreet.com

Sarah said...

This recipe actually look surprisingly easy! Might have to try it out!

SEL said...

I'm not a popcorn person but what you made looks delish. Looks like I'll be making it. Thanks for sharing!