Thursday, November 1, 2012

On This Day, I Do Declare...

Mountain of candy that was dispersed on Halloween.  All but one Almond Joy found new homes.

Conversation earlier this week between myself and a friend:
Me: I don't get it.  I can stop drinking for a month, but I can't stop eating candy for a month?  What the heck?!?!?!
Her: Oh,  you can.  You can totally do it.  You'll be a b*tch, but you can do it.
THANKS FRIEND.

Don't you love it when friends know you so well?  sigh...

So, on this first day of November, I do declare that I am going candy free.  Not necessarily sugar free, but by cutting out the ridiculous candy obsession, I will cut out the majority of the sugar I've been eating.

The Problem: a coworker has a candy bag hanging outside her door.  Said door is approximately 15 feet from my office.  When I am stressed or bored, or otherwise not extremely swamped, I find myself lost in thought and at her door digging through the candy bag.  And then I eat the candy.  I actually held a piece of kitkat in my hand the other day, made a comment that it didn't even taste good, and then shoved it into my fat mouth anyway.  Ugh.  Miserable.

And clearly this is affecting my psyche.  I'm feeling gross because I'm eating too much sugar.  I'm feeling bad about myself because I'm eating too much sugar.  It's affecting my thoughts about myself and it needs to stop.

The Solution(s): I have a pack of gum on my desk.  I will be eating that like crazy to avoid grabbing candy.  I will avoid the candy bag at all costs.  I will STOP AND THINK before I mindlessly put sugary snacks into my mouth.

Nonsense, I tell you!

Friends, are you battling any foods?  Or yourself?  How can I help you get on track?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Sugar is more addicting than crack! And, alcohol for that matter :). It's my weakness too .. and then reason why I mostly just stay away. Once I start eating, I can't stop. You'll feel so good after this month! :)

Kara said...

I went on a sugar kick last week. Out of the blue. Don't know where it came from, as I don't usually have spontaneous sugar cravings. Coffee, yes. Beer after work, yes. Not gummy bears every time I see them on the shelf, though. Eek. Glad that's over, but now I find myself craving a mystery snack. Luckily, I haven't been able to figure out what exactly I've been craving, so I usually leave emptyhanded.

Good luck with the candy ban! Sounds like you have a plan. I'm sure you can do it!

My-cliffnotes said...

Oh I had 5 sugar cookies my only excise is their small but really 5 lol

Nikki said...

Girlfriend candy is my weakness. Kit Kats go down like water. Word! I'll go candy free with you!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I have had 3 Twix minis today! But who's counting? Have a great weekend my friend! Love you!

New Life in Spain said...

Oh I hear you.... I have been thinking lately that I should do the same, but it's so hard! I am a chocolate addict, I just can't go one day without having cravings for it. Several times a day. Ahhhh. But I know that if I manage to stay away for a while, the cravings will stop, it's just so hard to get to that point!!!