Monday, November 12, 2012

Leeeetttt the Sunshine In....


Today was one of those days.  Not that I didn't feel kind, but the weather had me pretty much in tears...a couple of times.  Grey, COLD, dreary...yuck.

And then I had a conversation with my friend, K.  Actually, it was a response to an email that she had written me.  Her question was regarding meeting friends in a new area.  Specifically when I was in Spain, how did I meet people?  As she pointed out, I'm a bit of an extrovert (and she doesn't even know me IRL!  LOVE HER!). But just because I'm extroverted doesn't mean that it's always easy to meet people. 


Today was a prime example of that.  I'm fairly certain that people who don't know me that saw me today should have asked what the hell my problem was.  Grumpy frowny pants head...that was me! 

However, the advice I gave my friend...always smile.  Smile at everyone you pass and make an effort to say hello.  You never know when that smile or hello will change another person's day.  Maybe that smile or hello was the only one he or she will get today.  So let it be YOUR sunshine that brightens the day!  As I told K, the smallest gesture can turn into the most unexpected of friendships!

Have you given away a smile today?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

5 comments:

bigT said...

That is EXCELLENT advice!! And just so you know, you have the best sunshiny smiles, my friend!!! Smiles that I miss so dearly!!! KEEP SMILING!!!!

Love you!
T

Nikki said...

A smile is your best accessory! Great advice! Love your face!

New Life in Spain said...

Great advice friend!! :) I always smile when talking to people, it being at shops, offices, asking for directions etc. but am not too good at smiling at random strangers. Will need to practice!
By the way, you have a beautiful smile!

Nicole Marie said...

i have to remember that. my friends tell me i have a scary face that i stare at people with when really i'm not mad or grumpy i'm just thinking haha.

Laura Darling said...

Great advice!!