Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You and Your Health

Good morning friends!  Sorry I've been a bit hit and miss this week.  I'm getting back on schedule though RIGHT NOW!

I wanted to talk to you about your health.  You all know that I'm a huge fan of working out, and I typically eat well.  These are things I do to take care of my body, mind and soul.  But when I'm feeling under the weather physically, I make sure to take care of myself.

I have a new workout partner.  She started training with me last week and it's been great.  I enjoy working out by myself because I like to get in and get out, but it's nice to have someone to chat with as well.  My new partner is really sick right now (UTI issues), but she decided to workout this morning...because she missed Monday and Tuesday.  She was in serious pain, but refused to go home, and stayed after I left because she wanted to get a bit more in before she went to work.

Friends, I'm all for working out to get yourself out of a funky mood and clear your mind.  But with cold and flu season upon us, and a whole array of other "any time of the year" illnesses, it is important that you take time out to take care of yourself.  Give you body a break or you won't fully recover.  An illness is your body's way of saying, "hey, I need a break," not "hey, you're not working out hard enough."  Listen to your body, do what it says.  It knows what it needs.

In my partner's case, I understand where she's coming from because I've been there.  She has lost a significant amount of weight and doesn't want to go backwards.  I totally get it.  But forcing herself to stay on the treadmill for 20 minutes when it hurts to walk isn't a healthy choice.

So there you go...me soap boxing again.  All I ask is that  you listen to your body and allow it to rest and recover when it tells you that it needs to mend.  Be nice to your body and it will love you back!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

My-cliffnotes said...

Can I just be skinny instead :)

Kayla C said...

I totally agree! Rest is equally important! Working out is just like everything else, it needs balance! :)

Nikki said...

I'm all about listening to your body! I didn't work out I
Yesterday because when I tried to lift my leg my body said do it and ill drop your ass to the ground. Needless to say my body won. Lol