Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Rambling Journey

via

Lately, I've been lost in thought.  I seem to analyze everything these days.  Not in a bad way necessarily, but just really listening and hearing words, seeing actions, paying attention.  And I'm doing this not to judge others (at least not usually), but so that I'm paying attention to what I'm letting into my life. 

I've always felt that my intuition was broken.  Why couldn't I have foreseen this or that happening?  Why didn't I know from the start that a certain situation was so very wrong for me?  I always assumed it was because I was broken.  What I'm starting to realize is that it's all been a part of the journey.  (I know, duh).  Every situation, good or bad, creates me.  And in one form or another, each situation makes me stronger.  It's really quite amazing, if you think about it.

Today, a friend told me that he's happy about some of the choices I've made because I smile more now (smiling is my favorite!).  Another friend asked a couple of questions about something that brought a HUGE smile to my face. 

Bottom line, I'm on my way to finding me.  And I like me.  All of the hurt, all of the pain, all of the happiness, all of the experiences, I am thankful for.  Because overall, it's just making me a better me!



Friends, how is your life journey coming along?  Are you happy with what you see in the mirror each morning?  

Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Kayla C said...

Oh man, good question. I'd like to say that for the most part I am. It's been a tough year, but I feel like over-all I'm doing pretty good.

Is it weird that I feel uncomfortable on the days when I don't feel like I need to be working on improving something? I think self improving is challenging, and one of the most fulfilling feelings, when you feel like you're on the right track.

Happy to hear you are :) and very happy I've found your blog. Happy Thursday to you Angie!

Nikki said...

I like you! I'm so glad your getting to a happy place in your life!

Nicole Marie said...

it's crazy to think about the things that have changed you and brought you to where you are now.

Jenn said...

Intuition is tricky .... the more you use it, the louder and more trustworthy it is :). I'm glad you're getting back to your happy place! As your friend, that makes me super happy :)