Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Halloween is my second favorite holiday, not because of the adult dressing up and partying part of it, but because I LOVE to hand out candy and see all the little kiddos and their costumes!  And they're sweet little voices saying "trick or treat," or at least attempting to.  And the parents standing on the sidewalk with their "coffee" mugs, trying to stay warm, hoping that their munchkins will soon have enough candy so that they can go back to their homes and warm up. 

I bought a giant Costco sized bag of candy this year.  And I'm on a strict "NO CANDY" diet due to the candy bag three office doors down from mine that has promptly put 5 extra lbs. onto my body.  Wish me luck!

AND Halloween is the only night I will watch a scary movie.  My little tradition: Halloween (the original with Jamie Lee Curtis).  I've watched it for the last 15 years straight and still watch it while peaking through my hand-covered face.  Stupid scary movies!

What are you all doing for Halloween?  Do you hand out candy?  Take your little ones trick or treating?  Turn off all of the lights and pretend you're not home?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Kayla C said...

I'm a whimp for scary movies too! My boyfriend loves them though and is suggesting we watch a few. EEK! I'll be watching through my hand-covred face too..and then turning on every light in the house as I try to make it upstairs to my room without running! LOL. This year, we will probably just watch some movies, make some homemade popcorn and take it easy :) I'm so looking forward to it!

New Life in Spain said...

Ahhhh I would love to experience Halloween in the US!!! It sounds like so much fun. When I grew up it didn't exist in Norway, now there's some Halloween-stuff but it's not anything like what I've seen in the movies (haha! I can only compare to the movies, how lame) Anyway, I hope you'll have an awesome Halloween!!
P.S. I can't watch scary movies, I get paranoid and superscared of the dark after!!

My-cliffnotes said...

I wait for kids to come but they never do dammit :(