Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friday's Letters: Reasons to Love October (aka: Enough Complaining About Fall, Because It's Here, Like It Or Not)

The Gorge, Oregon, taken by my iPhone.

Dear October: You are fall's saving grace.  Even though you turned cold quite quickly this year, and typically after October 10, the water starts falling from the sky and doesn't stop until June (at least in Portland), you're still a pretty good friend.

Dear October: You are birthday month!  My sister, me, the husband of ex, mom's husband, and roughly a dozen friends.  For real.  All the cool kids were born in October.  Duh.

Dear October: I get to eat yellow cake with chocolate frosting this month!  Yes, the kind out of a box and a plastic container...the best!  WOOHOO!

Dear October: Halloween is good times.  I really enjoy handing out candy to the little Winnie the Poohs and Disney princesses.  They're so stinking cute.  And my neighborhood has a warming station complete with donuts (yes, more sugar), hot cider and coffee.  Pretty cool stuff.

Dear October: Being that you're birthday month, I've received a crapload of "this percent off" and "this free" from great retailers that I frequent.  HOORAY FOR BIRTHDAY SHOPPING!! 

Dear October: It's the start of the new fiscal year at work.  Not being tight on money (at work!) is a pretty nice feeling.  Paychecks are good.

Dear April: (Just seeing if you're paying attention)  HALF BIRTHDAY MONTH!

Dear Friends:  I love you.  I've been in a funk for the last couple of weeks, but I feel myself pulling out of it.  I have a purpose.  I am focused.  I've so totally got this!  Wanna come along?

Have an awesome day and an incredible weekend!
Ang

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Stopping by from the link up....happy birthday month! And happy shopping with discounts (the best way to shop haha).
Happy Friday!

Jenny said...

Stopping by from the link up, I like your little sunshine! Happy birthday!

lospring said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Happy Birthday Month... Still celebrating ALL month long?