|My momma says I'm an angel, hence my name. Are YOU going to question her?|
At the gym tonight, as I entered my age into the stair climber/elliptical machine thingy, I made note, "last time as 36."
And as I walked outside after my workout, I entered a beautiful evening. The afternoon was warm, with no breeze. The air that surrounded me was quiet, or at least I didn't hear a sound. I felt the warmth surround my body and thought, "last time as 36."
I started thinking about what that number has meant, and what the next one will mean. In the last 365 days, I have:
- had my heart broken three times by two different people;
- divorced the man I had planned to spend forever with;
- cried more tears than I care to mention;
- drank more alcohol than I care to mention;
- watched a couple of "friends" choose the exit door, leaving my life;
- yelled, screamed, spoke out of anger and hurt, and cried even harder.
I have also:
- spent more time with my family (even if a lot of it is by phone since we live in different states!);
- become a much healthier, stronger version of myself;
- started a new business that is allowing me to fulfill my Purpose of helping others;
- kindled new friendships and made stronger the existing ones;
- traveled alone (for the first time) to Europe (for the first time), and had THE experience of my lifetime (so far...);
- taken time to reacquaint me with myself;
- realized, accepted and now BELIEVE that I am worth so much more than I've ever given myself credit for;
- learned to appreciate the smallest of gestures, even when they may seem inconsequential;
- had incredible adventures with my incredible friends.
There was a lot of heartache this past year. But there were incredible moments as well. These moments are leading me on a journey that is still so young, one that I am so excited to experience! Guaranteed, it'll still be a roller coaster, this here life. And even though in the back of my mind, 37 is causing me a pinch of anxiety, I'm ready to take it on, every ounce of it, and see where this new year takes me. Bring it world...I'm so ready for you!
Have an awesome day!