Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh Valencia!

One thing that I've learned about blogging...there are a TON of amazing people on these interwebs that do a bunch of amazing things, and thankfully for you and me, enjoying writing about it and sharing with all of us!  My friend, Lindsey, over at WanderLuck is no exception, and I'm so very thankful!  (Go say hi to her, and tell her I sent you!)

I started stalking following Lindsey's blog last spring while she was living in Valencia, Spain.  Immediately, I couldn't stop reading about her adventures, and realizing that it could be my adventure too (well, at least I could adventure in the city).  She has since moved back to the states, but I still bugged her about "must do" items in Valencia...and she did NOT disappoint on the list.  I told her I had two days, and she told me exactly how to spend my time.  YAHOO!







Plaza de la Reina was a must see, with its beautiful cathedral, tons of cafes, and people watching for days.  I ate the BEST croissant y chocolat while in Valencia (truth be told, I may have become a connoisseur of chocolate croissants while in Spain).  The cathedral was beautiful, and held the cut off arm of the martyr St. Vincent.  Proof, you ask?  OK...


I know I'm slightly obsessive and stuff, but the architecture...it was gorgeous.  Valencia had a newer vibe, but still the older feeling in its architecture.  The first day, I wandered Plaza de la Reina looking at the buidlings, trying to get lost in the narrow side streets, taking in the sights and sounnds.  It was heavenly to be a part of it all (and that dang croissant...YUM!).

The next morning, I went for a run through the Turia River riverbeds.  This is a ginormous and long park that was formerly an actual river.  The river was diverted to the outskirts of town several years back, and a park was created from the former river bed.  This park is a stunning display of nature in the heart of a bustling city.  I was thankful to not get lost find this area for my run!

The rest of this day, day two, I spent at the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias.  Oh.My.Goodness.  I've never seen such an amazing place.  I didn't even go into any of the building, just walked around the grounds...and was amazed and enthralled for two hours.  The buildings hold an Arts museum, Science museum, movie theater complete with IMAX, among other activities.  It was so very beautiful!




YES!  Part of Star Wars was filmed here!!


After Arts and Sciences, I headed to Malvvarosa, the beach!  But first, the most amazing rabbit paella (and sangria, of course!)...






Followed by the most freaking amazing nutella dessert, and new friends...











 Sigh...yeah, it was that good. Thank you, Valencia (and Lindsey!) for leading me through an amazing 48 hours!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

Thank God for online resources like fellow bloggers!

Your trip looked amazing. Welcome home!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Ok so I thought that picture said rabbit pellets and sangria. And I am thinking why is she eating rabbit shit. I went back and reread.. Dang bifocals

Jenn said...

Wow, Lindsay did good! Looks like an AMAZING tour of Valencia! :)