Monday, September 10, 2012

Notes On Barcelona

Funny how I totally believed that I would blog everyday while on vacation...sigh. Guess that means I'm having a blast and this place rocks, si? Si!

Today I visited Sagrada de Familia, a church developed by architect Gaudi, and whose construction began in 1866, but is still not complete. Friends, I have few words to describe the incredibleness of this structure. Basalt, granite and other stones make the building strong, while beautiful stained glass adorns most windows. It is an incredible work of art.

Other Barcelona happenings...Saturday and Sunday were beach days. The first day, I went to the crowded local beach. It did the trick, but there were so many people. Day two, I went to Castelldefels. This beach was perfect...far less crowded, and a place where the locals go. It was much more peaceful than the first beach.

Tomorrow I will hop the train to Valencia. Lindsey over at El Bloggo (wanderluck.blogspot.com) lived in Valencia for a while and has given me excellent plans for my two days there. Go visit her, and tell her I sent you!

Ok, time for some sleep. And a photo dump. If you're not already, follow me on instagram (@amspringer). That's where most of the photo goodness resides.

Friends, I hope your weeks are incredible!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm impressed you're blogging at all! I'm definitely setting posts up in advance so I don't have to worry about it :).

And, as much as I love my fall boots, I kinda sorta need to be on that gorgeous beach right now :)

lospring said...

Whoo Hoo! Beautiful building. Reminds me of Amsterdam buildings. America is so YOUNG we miss 'great' architect and window art.
Glad you are having a great time.

My-cliffnotes said...

Those windows are so pretty!