Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happenings of the Weekend and Such (aka: I LOVE HOT AIR BALLOONS!)

Greetings lovely McLovertons.  What. Is. Up?

This weekend was super fabuloso!  (Have I mentioned that I've decided to learn Spain Spanish?  Please bare with me...) 

The recap:
Friday night: Volunteered at the March of Dimes Annual Gala event.  Perk to volunteering but not being certified to actually pour wine (I handed out wine glasses)...finishing my part early and being able to wander the room, partake in the AMAZING food, and do a little wine tasting.  Good times!


After volunteering, I went to the Hanford High School football game (GO FALCONS!), met a friend for a drink, and then on to a birthday party for another friend.  It was a fun filled evening...and a late one, considering that I needed to be up at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning.

Why in the WORLD would I get up at 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning, you ask?

To see hot air balloons, of course!  Duh.

Saturday, I went to The Great Prosser Balloon Rally.  It's like Mecca for hot air balloon lovers.  I met a girlfriend for coffee first, then we headed into town to watch the balloons lift off.

 




The Yakima River runs through town. A lot of the balloons do a touch down on the river and "float" off the falls.



See?  Mecca.

Later that afternoon, I decided to visit a few of my favorite Red Mountain wineries, Hightower Cellars, Fidelitas, and Cooper.  The Red Mountain AVA held its first annual Block Party this weekend, an event that I will make sure to take part in from here forward.  Special wine tastings at each of the wineries (there are several on the Mountain), catered food, music, and lots of great people to meet and visit with.  (Note: interestingly, after my Spain journey, being on my own and enjoying that, I was (out of habit?) looking for someone to got taste wine with, and failed.  I ended up meeting people and having a great time...as usual.) Anyway, great times, and it's fall-ish time...and I love tasting wine in the fall!


And then I watched my Oregon Ducks beat the Washington State Cougars...an unexpectedly good game with a few crappy calls.  But we killed 'em, so it was all good. 

And today, Sunday, has been a super lazy day.  Yard work complete, so that's good, but other than that, just kickin' it here at the homestead.  Oh, and fall/winter blows because it's only 7:29 p.m. and it's dark, and has been dark for at least 45 minutes, and it feels like it's 11 p.m. and way past my bed time.  Winter sucks.

My beautiful friends, how were your weekends?  Anything outstandingly amazing and awesome happen?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Kara said...

Ahh! A hot air balloon ride is #1 on my bucket list, and I LOVE your photos. Stunning.

I helped farewell a friend out of Alaska this weekend with an AMAZING Flogging Molly concert!

Nicole Marie said...

so beautiful!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Umm I was at that game and you have to give the Cougs love for the first half! ;)

Hot air balloons yes please