Thursday, September 20, 2012

Friday's Letters

I want this hanging on my wall.  Created by an artisan in Madrid.


Dear Diesl and Monkey: Mom missed you two sooooo much!  Diesl, you would love Spain!  So many dogs to play with.  Monk, sorry...apparently kitties aren't allowed in Spain.  On the entire trip, I saw three...and that was on my last night and they were playing together.  Weird.

Dear Work:  160 missed calls and 450+ unread emails...really?  I left out of office messages and replies for a reason.  Sheesh!

Dear Jet Lag: You did not affect me like this in Espana. If you could please leave my body and stop making my mind mushy and my brain hurt, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Dear Soup: So far, you are the only good thing about the idea of fall.  I'm not ready for fall, not even one little bit. But soup...you taste so flippin' yummy!!

Dear Cold/Illness/Grossness: Seriously, how do you produce so much snot??  Yes, it's true that 99% of the when I travel, I get sick. But you've occupied my body for close to a week now.  If you could please follow Jet Lag to the nearest exit, I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

Dear Blog Reader Friends/Lovely McLovertons: Thank you for your patience while I was away.  I promise that I had grand delusions illusions of blogging most days while I was gone.  And I failed.  Sorry about that.  But lucky for you, I had a kick ass experience and will be telling you all about it next week...when my brain is far less foggy and my body doesn't produce so much grossness.

Bottom line, thank you for sticking with me.  I appreciate each of you so very much and can't wait to share my experiences with you!  Love you!

Have an awesome day!
Ang


Photobucket

9 comments:

meghan said...

My goodness those are a lot of calls and emails to deal with after coming back to work. Doesn't sound like fun. And I hope your jet lag and sickness end quickly. Happy {almost} Friday!

Kara said...

1. That painting is fun and happy.

2. Soup sounds amazing right now.

3. It's refreshing to read that someone is NOT looking forward to fall. I mean, I'm in the fall-lovers club, but it just seems like the other seasons are lacking the love.

Robyn said...

sounds like you had a great trip to spain.work is never a nice welome

SimplyHeather said...

Hi from the linkup!

First of all I hope you feel better real soon! That must be awful having jet lag plus a cold. I'm sorry. Also, I can't imagine having that many calls and emails. I guess work has definitely been waiting for you (:

Anyway I hope you have a good weekend and get feeling better.

-Heather


http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

I am so glad your back! I missed your face! Cant wait to hear all about your trip! I was gonna email you but then I figured you would have a lot to catch up on so I figured I would wait till it was business as usual. Well catch up next week with our daily emails!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you need a weekend to recover! :) Coming back is the hardest part. Sooooo .... you gonna tell us more about your trip. ....???? :)

Marion Green said...

Aww, I'm sure the Diesl and Monkey missed their mommy! But how awesome that you were able to jet off and explore our crazy fabulous world for a little while. I can't wait to read all about it and see your pics!!
Miss and love you friend!!
XOXO - Marion

My-cliffnotes said...

Welcome home! Feel better, can't wait for your recaps!!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Feel better. I am on my third round of antibiotics Angie. I am over it. Some volcano somewhere is pissed it can't produce this explosion of stuff.