Monday, September 24, 2012

Barcelona, Parte Uno

Hello my beautiful friends!  At long last, I'm here to give you a peak into my journey to Espana!  :)  I'm going to spend this week writing about it...12 days into four posts...we can do this, right?

I spent five nights in Barcelona.  Being my longest stay in one spot, I naturally have fallen in love!  The architecture, the people, the food...THE SANGRIA!

This was my first trip to Europe, and I was so very excited to see the architecture, and Barcelona didn't disappoint. 


My hotel was located in the area called Barri Gotic, or Gothic Quarter.  It is defined by several cathedrals and churches (like a dozen or more in a square mile), it's tight, winding streets, and remarkable buildings.  The streets are lined with restaurants and bars, and opportunity upon opportunity to shop.  The Picaso Museum was a short walk from my hotel.  It was on my (very short) list of must-sees.  Instead...I decided to go to the beach the day I was supposed to hit up the museum.  I did walk by it though...


I think my favorite part about Barcelona, besides the AMAZING people I met, was Mercat St. Josef, the market.  Each morning, I would wander through, buy some fresh fruit and maybe a jamon y queso baguette for breakfast, and watch...just watch.  Absolutely fascinating...



 




Aren't they cute??

The food...holy goodness friends, holy goodness!  Some amazing flavors that I can't even put into words!




New friends, beaches, exploring a place that I've had in my heart for 20 years...this was the beginning of an incredible journey!!

Beach in Castelldefels



So tell me...what place is in your heart?  Where do you long to travel to, no matter how near or far?

Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

Tuscany.

One day I will.

one day.

Your trip? beautiful.

Jenn said...

Yah for Spain posts! I LOVE that you went to the beach instead of the picasso museum. Well done friend :). Looking forward to the rest of the recaps! :)

lospring said...

Ah... It all looks beautiful! I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Spain.

New Life in Spain said...

I completely understand you fell in love with Barcelona :) Happened to me on my very first day there! Love that you made it out to Castelldefels beach too, it's my favourite in the area!