Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back In The Day

When we were in high school, my BFF, Kristen, and I would drive out to the airport and wander around the terminals. We'd watch the planes land, make up stories about the passengers regarding where they had been and what their vacations were like. We'd talk about where we'd go if we could fly away. It was awesome.

Of course, this was pre-9/11. This was when you could park up close and personal to the airport. And you could wander around the terminals and gates without question. This was when American soil was still deemed safe. But that's for another post.

So, here I sit at Portland International Airport, waiting my turn. Waiting for my number to be called so that I too can board the plane, begin my vacation. I look around at the other passengers for this flight (red eye to Hot-Lanta...why is this a full flight?!). I wonder where everyone else is going. I wonder what their stories are. I wonder if they too are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.

Because I am, friends. Journey of a lifetime. And I'm ready. :)

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Jenn said...

YAH! You're off! I hope you're enjoying your day in Atlanta :).

ps. When I was in high school my {guy} friends used to go to the airport to pick up chicks. Classy ;)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Hope you have blast. You deserve it! Big hugs Angie!

My-cliffnotes said...

Have soo much fun!!!!! Xoxo

Can't wait for updates