Monday, September 17, 2012

And Then I Cried

Today is my last day in San Sebastian.

My last day in España.

Tomorrow I fly back to reality. And my heart is sad.

Last night, after too much sangria y pintxos, I walked along the beach. I listened to the surf crash into the sand with angry force. And I cried. I cried because this experience, this journey has been incredible. I cried over those people who have delivered me to this place in my life. I cried over the experiences that have made me into the girl who wanted to journey alone and experience life. There were a lot of tears...and snot. Granted, I have a pretty bad cold, but still...snot.

I stood there in front of the ocean, and I thanked each person that crossed my mind. And I accepted each experience, so that I never look down on them again.

This experience in Spain will end tomorrow. But the journey that I'm on, the path that I will continue to follow...my heart will take me, and I will accept with open arms and a huge smile on my face.

Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Friend, I was thinking the other day that it feels like you've been in Spain for two months, not two weeks! I'm so glad you've had such a great time and learned so much. Truly a life changing event, I think :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Sooo pretty! Where to now??

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Ang your going to be so much stronger on the inside from this trip. But if you change your name to something in Spanish I may need a language lesson. Love you and glad you are back

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

Simply beautiful.

My friend is in Spain right now, you little adventurers you. Next time.. take me?