Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When J Met Angie


Seriously for real...Best.Movie.EVER!  I love When Harry Met Sally.  If you haven't watched it, well, if you'd like to remain friends, you should probably watch it this weekend.

I had the opportunity to pack up some stuff tonight for the husband of ex.  You see, when he moved back to P-town, I was supposed to go with...eventually.  So he never really packed up/moved out.  He moved for a job, and I was supposed to find a job and move...for the fourth time in just over a year.  The problem was...I didn't want to move.

I liked our house that we just bought.

I liked the area that we moved to.

I liked the idea of a fresh start in a place that we only knew each other.

Turns out, these are all things he hated...passionately.

So he moved.  And I stayed.  Long drawn out three+ year story condensed into two sentences.  The W questions (who, what, when, why, etc.) aren't important in this story.

Tonight, I packed up some stuff.  Electronics and some other random stuff that he asked me to bring.  And then he asked for the movies, so I went through those tonight.  Interesting the movies that a couple collects over an 11 year span.  A huge chunk of them are James Bond, his collection.  Most of the movies are going to P-town, and I'm cool with that.

I just thought I'd share tonight's activities.  I was going to write something motivational.  But then I packed up some stuff.  Strangely (maybe not strangely?), I'm OK with it.  Just wanted to let someone know that it happened...and I feel indifferent.  Maybe that's the new me?  Just indifferent.  Interesting.

Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

Nikki said...

closure? contentment? i think your happy!

Jenn said...

I love that you're indifferent! Such a great step, because you know ... the opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference :).

So excited to see you this weekend!