Monday, August 20, 2012

Training For...

Life.

That was my answer.

And I think it's a good answer.

I found it here, and they found it here.

As I was leaving the gym this morning, one of the trainers started chatting with me, and asked the question, what are you training for?  I smiled, kind of chuckled, and answered, life.  He asked if I had a marathon or half marathon (HA!  Silly boy!) coming up, or some sort of race.  Nope, none of that.  I mentioned that I did a couple of 5k races earlier in the year, but at this point, I'm just exercising for me.  And I work out twice a day because I don't have time in the morning to squish it all in.  And I've lost 30 lbs. doing it and I don't want that to find me again!

I found it here, and they found it here.

My answer really made me think...if not for life, then what is the point of the time that I put into this body?  

I train for physical and mental well being (a LOT of mental well being!).

I train to look good (I'm not gonna lie...this looks way better than 30 lbs heavier Angie).

I train in hopes that I am motivation for others to start the process of getting healthy, or to continue their wellness journey.

Most of all, I train because I thoroughly enjoy it.  I love the endorphin high.  I love that no matter how crappy of a mood I'm in, I can go for a run and it will ALWAYS make me feel better (unlike the ice cream that I use to inhale). I love ME when I train.

Here by me. Here by them.

I know that I lost some of you when I started talking about working out, and that's OK...as long as you make it to this paragraph.  Friends, what are you training for?  Every decision you make in your life if a form of "training."  Are you making choices and decisions with purpose?  Even if you don't know what the outcome will be, are you considering what you're doing and how it will benefit your life in the long run?

Think about it.  I believe in you, and I believe that you'll like the answers that you come up with!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

And then here, and here.

4 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

Such awesome motivation!! I'm in such need of getting back on track!!!

xoxo

www.mandyshippe.blogspot.com

My-cliffnotes said...

I love this! Life was a great answer!!

Chandra said...

Yes!...Yes!...Yes! Now off to my workout! Enjoy your day:)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

This is fantabulous. When you put it in that context it makes perfect sense.