Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friday's Letters: On Turning 37

Dear Age: How does one little number in the "ones" spot make such an impact on how one feels about self?

Dear 37: Why is it that 36 has felt so good (which is totally messed up considering the crap I've been through this year) and 37 feels like it might be a death sentence?

Dear Weird Ages that I Feel Weird About: Why? I'm not sure what else to say.  24: there was a lot of turmoil in life at that time.  That one makes sense.  33: Why?  Why did I have nightmares (mind you, I rarely ever remember my dreams, but had this one repeatedly) that involved fuzzy red numbers from Sesame Street, complete with fangs, chasing and attacking me??

via
I know you see the resemblance! 

Dear August 10: Two months.  Only two more months.  Ugh. Even worse...I was thinking 10/10 was still three months out.  Double Ugh.

Dear 37 (yes, again): We need to be friends, like good friends.  Great friends.  It's going to be a great year, full of super goodness. So stop trying to put your funk on me and get with the program.

Dear 40: Jamie is already planning your party.  Wow.  Not sure how I feel about that.  But she said that The Brian Odell Band will be there.  In that case, I'm already OK with 40.  (See! Weird about random ages!)

Dear Spain: Even though I won't be in you for my birthday, you are my present to self, and I cannot WAIT to meet you!

My new desktop image, via.
Friends, have super glorious Fridays and weekends!  And don't be like me...don't let a stupid little number freak you out!

Have an awesome day!
Ang


Photobucket

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Don't worry about your age! You are awesome just the way you are! I lok forward to reading more from you :-)

Michelle said...

Us foxy 30 somethings have to stick together! Now stop talking about age your making me feel old lol. Hope you have a great weekend x

Nicholl Vincent said...

haha dear weird gaes..so funny

Have a great weekend!! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hi!

Jenn said...

HAHHAHAHA! I love it and totally relate. 33 was a killer for me too -- no idea why! I was just thinking that turning 34 isn't scaring me so bad ... and then I realized that I'm already 34!! Um yeha, totally get the weird age-fear thing ;)

Have a GREAT weekend friend!

Robyn said...

what a great gift to yourself! Enjoy madrid when you go!