Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dry August, and Other Nonsensical Things

Hello my lovely friends!  Happy new week!  I hope you all had splendid weekends!

Mine was pretty low key.  The girls came over Friday night for pizza and movie night.  It was very relaxing and much needed.

Saturday evening, Jamie and I went to a high school all-stars vs. police baseball game.  We had a great time. After the game, Jamie and I stood in the parking lot trying to force each other to make a decision about Dry August.  Do we continue to be good little soldiers and stay dry, or do we throw our willpower into the toilet and enjoy a lovely libation on a warm Saturday night?  After 30 minutes of standing the parking lot staring at each other and saying, "I'm not making the decision, YOU make the call," we decided to part ways, go home, stay dry.  We're so good that way.  Ugh.

With all of that said, I am happy to report that today is Sunday, August 12, and I have had three sips of three different drinks (new stuff that I've never even tried before, and I'd hate to be rude...), but have not had any full on drinkingness.  See what I mean?  Nonsensicalness.  Almost half way through...and I'm sticking to it!  YEA ME! :)

Other than that, this weekend was pretty low key.  A lot of errands, farmers market, did some clothes shopping for my upcoming trip (you know...when I go to Spain!), cleaned out my pantry and discovered that I have an addiction to purchasing party supplies.  Very interesting.  Yes, it's true that the party is 9 times out of 10 at my house, but you'd think I'd use leftover stuff?  Fascinating things you learn about yourself when you clean out the pantry.  OH! And I hiked Badger Mt. for the first time in almost two months and didn't see any snakes!  My time wasn't all that great, but no snakes = AWESOME workout!  :)

You tell me...the next Hoarders?

Farmers Market finds

Sunday morning Badger hike

Beautiful friends, I'm going to make more hotel arrangements for said upcoming trip.  I love you and I hope you have amazing productive weeks.  You've got this!!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ang! When I packed up our kitchen for the reno I found BAGS of paper/plastic party supplies that we haven't used in YEARS! I recycled it, but clearly I should've sent it to you :)