Sunday, July 1, 2012

Things I'm Thinking About...



Narcissism: "Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism." (via)


A few months ago, my therapist told me to learn and understand what a narcissist is, and be very aware of certain behaviors while going through my healing process. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to learn first hand what narcissism is.  The whole thing is absolutely fascinating really.  No need for details, but holy crap...there are some really f'd up people in this world.  For. Real.


Self Worth: Back in February, I made a decision to be me, do me, find me.  I recently lost site of this promise to myself.  And because I lost site of it, I let my definition of self worth go down the crapper.  The thing is, I'm pretty freaking cool.  And yes, I've done stuff in this life that is far less than cool, but generally speaking, I'm an OK person, and I deserve to believe this about myself. Yesterday's facebook status (I would have tweeted it if I was a tweeter, but I'm not, so I didn't): Today I choose to BELIEVE that I hold the power and that I have the strength, and NO ONE else controls that. No. One.  


Other than that, I'm soaking up the sun and thinking about how awesome it was to have the Brian Odell Band in my neck of the woods, and how his voice puts my soul at ease.  




And I'm thanking my friends for being the most incredible people in the world.  I'm a lucky duck to have these people...and I am eternally grateful.


Friends, I hope you all had amazing weekends!  It's 4th of July week (already!), and a short one at that, although I'm working on the 4th, but only so I can take Friday off instead!  YAHOO!  Have incredible weeks everyone!


Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

bigT said...

Ang, you are a rock star. You are one of the coolest, most awesome people I know and dont you ever for one second think that you are anything less. You have a big huge heart, a kick ass personality and you have more love in your life than I think you'll ever know! No matter what, forever and always, we WILL be friends! I <3 you!

Live life to the fullest everyday, because life is too short to be anything but happy! :)

Love, T

mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

Self worth, that quiet knock on my heart.. I think I have something to learn from you in this department, something I'm taking away with me before I go to sleep tonight..

So, thank you.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

The great thing about narcisists is that they think they are the closest thing to God, so in that order I feel compelled to tell them to go hell. I once was friends with a girl like this and realized very quickly that her picture was in the dictionary by the word. To sum it up, they are effing crazy!

lospring said...

Have an ok 4th working. Dan is working to, but is taking the 5th off. Enjoy the 6th of July off. Have a nice 3 day weekend.