Monday, July 23, 2012

The Power of ONE

Goooood morning, Ft. Worth!

This past weekend, I attended AdvoCare Success School in Ft. Worth, TX.  And it blew.my.mind.  Seriously.  Some very important things happened for me this weekend, and if you'll indulge me, I'd like to share (oh wait, that's right.  This is my blog, and you are my friends...of COURSE you want to hear!)


- FOCUS: For the last couple of weeks, three to be exact, I haven't been myself. You may have noticed.  This weekend allowed me to focus on what is important in my life currently.  I took the opportunity to listen to the speakers and hear their words and apply them to my life.  Yes, there were some tears shed.  But they were tears that helped wash the evil spirits out of my heart, body and soul.  Friends, I'm BACK!  Waiting at DFW airport yesterday to come home, I felt like me.  I had a smile across my face, I was confident in who I am and what I'm doing, and it showed.  My friend picked me up from the airport and said he could tell the second he saw me that I was back to myself. My coworker this morning told me that I had a glow or aura around me.  I haven't felt this good in almost two months.  And all it took was a weekend away to focus on me.

- THE POWER OF ONE: Toward the end, a common conversation between the husband of ex and I was regarding the fact that he is the only one that can make himself happy.  I tried to make him happy, but failed.  It took a lot of therapy for me to realize that I didn't really "fail," but more so, it was never something that I could be successful at.

I heard this weekend about the Power of One.  I am the only one who can make me happy (this is my mantra, but occasionally we all need to be reminded of our mantras).  Only I can create success for myself.  Only I can make a connection with the TSA lady or the flight attendant. I am the one who will make this life successful. I am the one who brings the sunshine and joy to my life.  And by projecting that sunshine and joy, I am able to bring the sunshine to so many others.  And for me...well, this is why I've been put on this Earth...to encourage others and help them realize that they too can utilize the Power of One.

You too can be in a happier place.  It's all about your mindset.  It's all about what you want your life to be.  Everyone has choices.  And each choice has a consequence.  POSITIVE choices = POSITIVE consequences.  (humbly removing self from soapbox)

Friends, do you believe in the Power of ONE?  Do you believe that you have the power to make or break yourself? I believe you do...and I believe that you will make the positive choice!


Have an awesome day!
Ang

4 comments:

Mosby Hardin said...

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! So glad to hear you are back to yourself! I have been through times where I lost who I was due to being wrapped up in others. I have come to realize it is totally ok to focus on me. And since then I have been a much happier me!
Thanks so much for sharing this as a great reminder!

Chandra said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like you had an amazing trip and perhaps a new awakening! Thanks for the motivation...sometimes I fail to remember "ME"...

Nikki said...

SOOOOOOOOO Tell me how did it go?

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you got to go -- sounds like an AMAZING weekend!