Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grey


I mentioned in this post that I attempted to read 50 Shades, but then decided I'd be better off scooping my eyes out with a plastic spoon.

And fact...this is much less about that stupid, poorly written piece of crap book and more so about my grey.



And that's where that post stops and this one begins.  I had a long, drawn out monologue prepared for you that talked about friends gained, and friends lost. It lamented about my hollow shell of a self that I am currently experiencing, and ended in the realization of the last time I felt this way (January-ish) and what I did to get out of it (stop drinking).  That's already on schedule for August.  Everyone can now breathe a collective sigh of relief.

But what caused that entire post to be scrapped was my sister.

Earlier this evening, I made a phone call to a dear friend who I haven't spoken to in several long months...a friend who I may never speak to again. I was feeling low because that friend didn't answer my call.

And then my phone rang, and my sister called.  Pretty much right at that moment. And the pic that came up when she called made me smile...a lot...

Yes, her nickname is Handle.  Don't judge.
At that moment, everything else disappeared.
Nothing matter.
My Seezder called just because she thought she should.
Thank you God.
Not that I was going off the deep end or anything, but it was perfect...in so many ways.

Friends, have you received that call lately?  That one single call that takes everything away?  That makes you realize, yeah, things may be rough right now, but it's still going to be OK?  If not, send me your number...I'll be your call.  For real, promise.  

Have an awesome day!
Ang

5 comments:

Valerie said...

First of all, I could not agree more about 50 Shades of Grey. Seriously, that's the worst "book" I've ever read in my life. And I have an English degree.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Relationships like that are just so difficult and I swear losing a friend is worse than a breakup. So glad you have your sister to brighten your evening!!

Holly said...

Nice honest post! It is nice to get that call right when you need it!

Michelle said...

I have a couple of sorority sisters who happen to text just when I need it. It's the strangest thing...but I love it! I bet you are that someone just like your sister was for you!

Melinda Ryan said...

Love you Seezder!

bigT said...

God works in mysterious ways. I'm glad your sister was there and was able to put a smile on your face! I've had that happen to me, and without a doubt, those are the little things in life that mean the most. Love you friend! You can call me anytime! ;)

-T

mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com