Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beware. And Yes, Be Jealous

Two weeks ago, my coworker and I were commiserating over some nonsense at work.  We were walking down the hall and I let out my frustrations in the form of a pretty good front kick (yes, karate kid style).  It just so happens that said coworker and her husband own a tae kwon do school...and she was rather impressed with my kick.  Immediately, she was telling me to keep my toes back and go again.  So I did.  And she was even more impressed.  Turns out my love for kicking boxing classes at the gym has left me with quite the developed front kick.

Fast forward...

The next day, said coworker calls me into her office and informs me that she has something for me, but I need to go to her car with her to get it.  OooooKaaayyyyyy...  But then she realizes what I'm wearing and that my choice of clothing won't go with the "present" she has brought for me.  Friends...she brought me BOARDS TO BREAK!!!  Seriously.  For real...BOARDS!  I was so stinking excited!  Unfortunately, I was wearing a dress that day.  And then she left on vacation that afternoon for a week and a half.  

More fast forwarding...

Well, today she brought the boards in and told me it was time.  We went outside (don't want to break a toe/foot/femur inside the building!) to break shyte, and this is how it went down...

Sorry for all of the wind noise

The first one is a half inch board.

The second board...one. whole. inch.

What a RUSH!  What a powerful moment!  What a way to make my day!!!

So pretty much, I am that cool.  Yeah, it's true. Please don't doubt it again.  :)

Friends, what random/powerful/crazytime (note: different than crazy TOWN) stuff have you done lately?

And yes, I'm thinking of becoming a professional.  Just sayin...

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Kara said...

That was so much fun to watch! Makes me wonder if I have a secret talent I never knew about, too... What a cool coworker for bringing you such an awesome gift!

Nikki said...

This is awesome! I must try this sometime!

Jenn said...

OMg!!! YOU are a freaking rock star! And were you BAREFOOT?? People should not be messin' with you :)