Monday, June 25, 2012

The Real Things

Via Pinterest through here somewhere...

My facebook status/thought for the day was, "I choose to be patient with people and treat them with honor and love. I choose this for all people around me, including myself, regardless of their past or my past."

And then I ran across the words above while stalking perusing Pinterest. And the part that stood out the most..."be happy with simple pleasures..."

And it all makes me think...why do we make things so difficult?  Why do we doubt ourselves so much?  Why do we allow the anxiety to take us over?

I made a promise to myself this past week...a bad habit that I'm going to break.  At first it was to not drink more than one glass of wine on any given night.  My friend called me out and told me that's ridiculous and impossible, and well, just plain foolish because really, wine is good for your heart, so two glasses must be better than one. and i digress...

Instead, my bad habit to break...stop speaking negatively to myself.  Stop letting self doubt fill my mind.  Stop allowing complacency to fill my thoughts.  I have dreams.  I have hopes and aspiration.  And only I have the power to see these things to fruition!

Friends, what bad habit will you commit to giving up this week?  MAKE IT SO!


Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

Chandra said...

It's crazy how we can get into our own minds/heads and sabotage a goal we wish to obtain. I'm guilty of this and trying to learn to silence those thoughts and focus on the outcome I desire instead.

Jenn said...

Laura Ingalls Wilder for the win! Such a great quote :)

My bad habit that I'm working on is not letting other people's opinions affect my sense of worth. It's a toughy, but I'm confident it'll change my life :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

The box isn't big enough for all my bad habits to write but I think your awesome Angie. Really. I love your posts and I read.

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

I'm with you Angie, it's the self doubt!!

So, I will try TRY to give it up...or shall I say, lay it down. Thanks for encouraging me to do so!

Kelsey Pauxtis said...

I love the Laura Ingalls Wilder quote, man I loved all her books. Can't wait to have my little girl read them some day. (some day when I have kiddos) I thought your glass of wine habit wasn't silly. I gave up booze for 30 days to remind myself of a lot of things. One of those things was to remember I don't always need a glass of wine to calm myself down or to calm my nerves. BUT with that said...who cares...no one is judging us. Right! xoxo

Kayla C said...

This is a great post- I have the same questions most of the time. Why can't we all just make life as simple as possible, instead of complicating it so much sometimes...

But then there are other times that I realize that life is complicated sometimes. I think the goal should be to keep things as simple as possible, try to smile as much as you can, stand firm in decisions you've made to better yourself (I really like yours about not doubting yourself) and when life does get complicated, know that you're not alone and don't let the past keep you behind.

All of that is easier said, than done...but it sounds good right? ;)