Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Random Facts

When I was 20 years old, I was told that I have cataracts.  Yes, my eyeballs are jacked up.  Astigmatism and cataracts, oh my.  And I'm DEATHLY afraid of the eye doctor.  Makes for good (non-hysterical) visits to the doc when we talk about eye ball surgery.  Seriously...I can't even go into details here...I'm hyperventilating already.

My dumb eyeball

About 7 years ago, my left arm started getting fat.  For real...my forearm was hugely swollen and had pain in it.  I would squeeze it/massage it to make it feel better and an imprint of my thumb would be left behind (think about pressing a ripe piece of fruit too hard and the indent it leaves...that was my arm).  After visiting a few doctors, I finally found a physical therapist who knew what was going on and how to fix it.  I have lymphodemia...my lymph nodes don't want to work right in my left arm because I had surgery almost 13 years ago that disrupted their business. Weird that they worked for the first six years, but whatever.  Anyhoo, the PT girl taught me how to massage it and make the swelling far less than it used to be, but truth be told, even though you would never notice it, I'm hugely self conscious about it and I sometimes want to chop my arm off and get a new one.

And while I'm at self mutilation, I'll take new eyeballs that see correctly too.  Thank you.

I'm deathly afraid of snakes.  I think I've mentioned this before.  I freak the heck out...like in a ridiculous-laughing-at-you-because-you-look-like-an-idiot type of scared.  It's even annoying to me.  Sorry.

I am a HUGE creature of habit.  And routine.  To the point that I know that I would be the perfect person to stalk (and I'm announcing this to the world. awesome).  I'm most comfortable when I'm doing things in order and on time.  Hence my stalker-ificness. I won't give details, and it's changed up a little since I stopped drinking coffee, but yeah...if I turn up missing, you can literally figure out the second that I went MIA.

I ran tonight for the first time since Dirty Dash.  Granted it was only two days, but it was time, and I was scared.  But for real...GREAT RUN!  I'm so very proud of my body!  I'm tired, and keep finding new bruises, but holy heck...this hunk of meat that I own does GREAT WORK!

And I love grain silos...but not as much as hot air balloons.  :)

Prosser, WA Hot Air Balloon Festival...so AWESOME!
 
Friends, I hope you're having incredible weeks!  I love you all so very much..thanks for stopping by!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I have to have eye surgery in July. I'm seriously thinking about postponing it, but I really need to get it done and over it.

I also have a fear of snakes, and one lives in the bushes in front of my house.

I will kill that thing...I will!

Jenn said...

Oh no with the eye ball surgery! Ugh!!

And ps, I've seen the fat arm and you CAN'T tell. Seriously! I was actually telling someone about it the other day -- so weird! :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Okay, so I love you cause i got jacked up eyeballs, i hate snakes and you run..I just read about you running.!