Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pure Exhaustion

First, happy birthday to my momma!  I love you so very much!  Even though you did decided to escape to Hawaii rather than have breakfast with your daughters.  But it's cool...no really, it's all good.  :)  
LOVE YOU!

Next...my oh my...I'm wiped out, pooped, body wants to give out.  Most likely a combination of pushing the body for the Dirty Dash, and then having an insanely busy week last week, staying up way past my bedtime every night, and following it up with a whirlwind 18-hour trip to Portland, but this girl is done.  My voice is gone again (blessing in disguise?) and I slept in and napped, and would still love another three hours of napping, plus going to bed at 8 p.m.  But enough about that...

The quick trip to PDX was great!  I was able to spend more time with my dad before he headed back to Phoenix today, with my sister, nephew and niece in tow.  It was good togetherness time, complete with breakfast at Blue Pig Cafe Saturday morning, and Trader Joe's shopping (I lovelovelove Trader Joe's!).  

Today has been a much needed day of uneventfulness.  I skipped hiking this morning (see above whining about exhaustion), cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, went to the last inning of a baseball game and soaked up some sun...it's been a wonderfully relaxing day.  And I am very thankful for it!  

So please enjoy the following little snippets from my weekend.  

The thoughtful thinker
My Seezder
Hawthorne Scramble goodness in my belly

The drive home was so much sunnier than the drive down!
Columbia River, crossing back into Washington

Friends, I hope you all had fantabulous weekends!  I can't believe we're into the last week of June already...how the heck did that happen?!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

I feel the same, this time is passing by so quickly!

Jenn said...

What?! She chose Hawaii over you guys?! The nerve!

Hope you got tons of rest yesterday and your week is off to a GREAT start! :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I have so many blogs mention trader joes and am jealous every single time.