Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Sunday!


My oh  my, it was a great weekend!  Dad came to visit, and it was AWESOME!

I took him on his first wine tasting tour and he loved it.  Eastern Washington has some incredible wines and I was happy to regurgitate what I've heard other say teach him a few things about wine.  We visited TapteilHigh TowerHedgesFidelitas, and DavenLore.  We tasted some amazing wines, and had a great visit while driving through the countryside.

And then we went to dinner...holy goodness!  Dad had a bison strip steak and I had lamb stew...

Lamb Stew at Veritas

After dinner, The Crew joined us for dessert (fudgy yummy brownie with chambord ice cream, and chocolate wasted, which is a boozy incredible deliciousness ice cream).  We sat there for a couple of hours chatting, laughing, enjoying our time together.  My dad realized why it is that I call The Crew my family...I have been blessed with an incredible group of people in my life!

This morning, dad and I had a relaxing morning...went to breakfast, and then he packed up to head back to P-town.  It was an amazing weekend that I will never ever forget!



Dad and I have had our less than awesome moments over the past 20+ years since my parents divorced.  But the thing is, he's an incredible man.  He is so very caring and compassionate and loving and I am so very proud to call him my poppy.  I love you, Dad!  :)


Friends, I hope you had incredible weekends!  Thank you for checking in and for being AMAZING!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

bigT said...

So happy that you had such a great weekend with your dad!!! Have an awesome week friend!!! :)

-T

mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

WHAT?! You didn't drag him up that big hill? ;)

Looks like an AMAZING weekend!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

This makes me miss my poppy!