Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday's Letter



Dear This Week: You have been absolutely amazing. I am thankful for all that you've shared with me, and the people that are in my life.  Dear Three Day Weekend: I won't lie..you kicked my ass.  Let's try and slow it down a bit this weekend, K?  Dear Dad: I'm so flippin' excited that you're coming to see me this weekend.  Like jumping up and down on my insides excited!  We're going to taste grapes, and have a scrumptious dinner, and go to my fave dive bar (since you introduced me to yours) and you can meet my "other family" and see my life and it's going to be AWESOME!!  So rest up while you can!  :)     Dear Weather: Today is June 1. Earlier predictions said 90 degrees. I'm holding you to it, because yesterday was cold and the rain that came out of nowhere was a real downer. I WANT HEAT.  Please and thank you.   Dear Sprinklers: What. The. Hell.  The valves are good.  The filter is clean.  The sprinkler heads are pointed in the right direction.  Why are you not watering my grass?  OHHHH!  That's what we're missing...WATER.  Thank you, dear irrigation district, for having unreliable service and promoting death of my grass.  I really appreciate it. No, really. Who likes green grass anyway?  Dear Body: Thank you for putting up with my abuse.  I ask you to run, and you do it.  I ask you to lift, and you do it.  I put you through a lot, and I really truly appreciate your willingness to keep moving!  Dear Friends: Have super great weekends!  Love you!

Ang


Photobucket

5 comments:

Alissa said...

I know what you're saying about the 3 day weekend kicking your ass...

I'm taking it easy this weekend!

Marion said...

Aww, your dad is coming to visit this weekend?! That is awesome! I hope you have the best time together. And LOL at your sprinklers comment.
Miss you so much Ang! Phone days next week??
XO - Marion

Frankie said...

Is the photo a reference to the Jessica Darling Series (of books). Those were some fun ones. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend with your dad!

Jenn said...

YAH! Your dad is coming to visit!

I hope you guys have a super fantastic weekend! :)

Katie said...

What?! They should give you some free what for that! :)