Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Anxietal

Let's set the stage for today: Me, alone (ok, not really that part), broke, stressing over cash flow, and getting bills paid, and an upcoming trip to Spain that I don't necessarily have the money for, or enough vacation time to cover.  I've been presented with an opportunity to make some money on the side, and I want to take it, but quite honestly, I'm afraid.  I'm afraid to take the risk, jump into the unknown...and I'm afraid of failing.

The Darkness of the Day


All of these things are stressing me out and I can feel the anxiety rising again. That feeling of panic and uncertainty and fear.  It's rising and my shoulders are tightening and my guts are hurting.

This anxiety makes me question who I am, and when exactly I let these "little things" begin stressing me out so very much.  I was always the one who said, "why stress about it?  It is what it is and it always works out."

But today, it has felt like a deep well of angst that I'm free falling into...and I find myself engulfed in anxiety.

And then I had an excellent conversation with a great friend.  He was able to put all of this...stuff...these questions and doubts and fears into perspective.  Besides giving me some straightforward business advice, he reminded me that I have a lot to offer anything that I pursue, and that I'm my own worst enemy.  He told me to do myself a favor and step out of my own way.  I'm the only one holding me back, and that's not a valid excuse to NOT take the plunge!

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


So friends, I'm doing it.  I'm taking the opportunity.  I'm going to spend a little to earn a lot.  And I will be successful because I WANT TO BE AND I WILL BE!

What's holding you back?  Do you have a goal that you want to achieve, but have been missing it by inches?  Do you have thoughts and hopes and dreams, but haven't taken the plunge?  What's stopping you?  Because if it's just you holding yourself back, I'm right there with you, and this is where we STOP letting that be an excuse!  :)


Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Brilliant advice from your friend! :) There are always excuses, but most of the time what's really holding you back is you.

Ps. of course you'll be successful! You are awesome and can do anything you want, really!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

This is me everyday. I want to find a new career but realize that I have a son and a husband and I am a chicken. So to say you did this! Bravo my friend! I look up to you for that!

Chandra said...

Go for it my friend! This little life we have is meant to be enjoyed so don't let worry waste too much of your time! I can relate to the anxiety and stress. And to those who question the path you are taking. It will be a challenge, but the reward will be oh so sweet!