Sunday, May 6, 2012

Notes on Falling In Love

I was in Portland (again...) this weekend.  I had a coffee date with a girlfriend, Hadley Flynn's birthday party was Saturday afternoon, and then I had the opportunity to see my old Oregon Medical Board peeps (woohooo!!).

Yeah, I know...I have the cutest nephew and niece ever.  Thanks!

It was a most incredible weekend...and it made me realize...

I'm falling in love with my city again.  Like I mentioned before, over the past month, I've been able to see a ton of people that I haven't seen in way too long. And I've driven around the city with my eyes wide open.  And it is beautiful!

The place where I grew up had become a symbol of unhappiness.  Everything I had loved and enjoyed about the area had evaporated.  Now, I'm able to spend more time with my family.  I'm able to have coffee dates and go to bachelorette/Cinco de Mayo parties. I'm able to breathe...and it feels good.

My sister told me this weekend that she had missed me while I was "gone."  That made me sad, but it also made me happy because I know that I don't have to be gone anymore.

So, Portland, consider this a love note.  I'm diggin' you baby!  (Not enough to move back though.  Sorry everyone!)

Now...on to the picture show!

She was so radiant on this afternoon!

Oh Claire... 

The Medical Board crew.  Man, I miss these kids!

I mustache you a question...

For real...it was this good.  

I hope you all had fabulous weekends!  Make it a great week friends!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Oh, I wanna go to Portland so bad. I think it just my side of wanting to explore. I am so glad you had a great weekend.

Kelsey Pauxtis-Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.