Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Am Not Single

And this is not a pity post.

First and foremost, I apologize to those of you I haven't told yet.  I've been quiet about this subject, and have preferred to tell people in person, or at least over the phone, not through text or fb or blog or whatever.  It's a personal subject that deserves a bit more sensitivity and...some other words that I can't think of right now.

But I guess it's time for me to put it out there...

Yesterday was the two month "anniversary" (for lack of a better word) of the date that a judge signed papers that officially changed my life. 

Yes, I am divorced.

And NO, I am not single. 

I'm on a journey of self discovery. 

I'm seeing a therapist.

I'm focusing on me.

I'm working on being happy with me, and learning about what the hell that even means.



This doesn't mean that I'm trying to shut anyone out.  It DOES means that I appreciate every single person who chooses to be a part of my life even more than I did before.

In the last five days, I've had the opportunity to meet up with six people that I have not seen in ages, and it was so very wonderful!  Each one of those people represents an important time frame in my life over the past 11 years.  Each one had incredible insight into the life that I thought was a fairytale...a true love story.  And I appreciate each and every one of them for their kind words and supportive gestures.

Friends, I'm living this life for me, not for anyone else.  I am not single.  I have no intentions of dating anyone.  I do have intentions of having an incredible summer with my most incredible family and friends, and I hope in one form or another, you all will come along for the ride...because it's going to be AMAZING!!  

And all of this is incredibly random.  And I have so many other things I want to say, but I sit here filtering...filtering this life, filtering what I give everyone.  Maybe someday I'll be able to share it all.  We shall see.

Until then, here I am!  Take it or leave it.  I'm good with it all either way.  :)

Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

Jes said...

I loved this. Your positivity is contagious and I just want to hug you through the computer. You keep enjoy that life of yours to the fullest :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I will take it! You are awesome and brave and when people finally realize that living for themselves is impotent then they can find happiness. I see you are doing that! I am always here for you! Big hugs!!!

Valerie said...

I love it. Your happy attitude always just jumps right out of your blog and into my heart. Always makes me smile. Good for you. I'm a big fan of journeys, self discovery, therapy, and inspirational quotes/lists like what you have above. :-)

Hollie Ann said...

So honest! I love this "random" post. Working on yourself always makes the next chapter better. I know that much!

And congrats on even making a move to make life better. Most people don't get that far, unfortunately.

Have you read "Awaken the Giant Within" by Tony Robbins? It sounds insanely cheesy but I've read it several times. It's a bible of some sorts for me!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

How brave of you to share this with the world! You go girl!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love your attitude!! it will take you very far :-)