Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Defining Self



Change can be frightening.  Fearing the unknown, expecting things to turn out a certain way and having those things go the exact opposite direction, and maybe not knowing exactly how you landed in your current predicament are all extremely unsettling feelings.



But it can also be an opportunity to recreate who you are.  I don't necessarily mean change who you are, but add to who you are.  Because let's face it...whether we like to admit it or not, even as adults, we are products of our environment.  We conform and mold and assimilate to the people around us.  Hopefully in most cases, we surround ourselves with people that bring out our best, and make us even better.  Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.



With what I've been through over the past several months, I've struggled to deal with and accept the ever-changing roller coaster that I was riding.  In the end, I embraced it.  I realized that it wouldn't be easy, and accepted that there would be some super crappy days ahead, but each day was a new day that I was allowed to be the person that I wanted to be and the person who I loved and created.  Each day was, and is, given to me to make the best out of me and the things that are presented to me.  And that's what I choose to do.  I've defined this new life as one of happiness, one of self worth, one of enjoyment in the simple things.  And friends, I'll be honest...I'm in love with this life!

How do you handle change?  If it's not your favorite, I challenge you to see it in a different light, and take it on as an opportunity, rather than the fateful demise of your life!

Have an awesome day!
Ang


4 comments:

MzJessicaxo said...

Hey girl!
I miss you, glad you're still blogging and things are going good

xoxoxo Jessica

Emily said...

This is definitely the reminder I need this week. Thank you!

A Muse in Purple said...

Oh girl...I have so many changes coming up...need I be reminded lol...but you know that! Sigh. But actually I'm in a good positive place. Feeling huge weights being lifted off my shoulders when a fork in the rode has been chosen. :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Drinking wine during change makes you forget all about the change. Until you have to change your clothes from passing out from all the blubbering wine you drank.