Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Today Is The Day

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.
-- Henry David Thoreau



While facebook stalking working today, I came across a list of interesting ideas titled 50 Life Secrets and Tips.  Now, I haven't fully explored this website, so I claim complete ignorance if there's weird stuff on it, but from this specific list...some points really hit home, specifically, points 5-8...

5. Get Fit
6. Learn to Focus Only on the Present
7. Even More Specifically, Live in THIS Moment
8. Smile More Often

I mentioned yesterday that healthy living is very important to me, and I strive to motivate others to live a healthy life when and where I can.  Personal opinion...a healthy body is ESSENTIAL for happy living!

And as for smiling more often, well, I'm fairly certain I've got this one covered too.  In the words of my favorite Elf, Buddy, "I like smiling. Smiling is my favorite!"

Focusing on the present, and more specifically, living in THIS moment...those are tough.  And I find it interesting that I'm admitting that.  After all, I am the QUEEN of "don't worry, it's all good."  But truth be told, it's not always all good, and I do worry.  I think it's part of the sunshine giver mentality...give your sunshine to everyone else, and don't let them see that you're preoccupied with

...money

...relationships

...the future

...letting go.

All things that a sunshine giver should neither fret about, nor have reason to be concerned with in the first place.

So there ya go...it's out there.  I worry.  And I fret.  And I pretend that life is peachy...every single second.

BUT, I'm making a decision right now.  I'm going to start focusing on the NOW...at least, focus on it a lot more often than I currently do.  Because life is too precious, and way too short to not live exactly where you are!

Friends, I challenge you...Get Fit, Smile More, and Live in the Here and Now. BE AMAZING NOW!  :)


Have an awesome day!
Ang

P.S. It's Life Lately Wednesday and I've linked up with a stylish little lady!  Go visit!

5 comments:

bigT said...

Friend, you are a rockstar, a fighter, an inspiration, an amazing & wonderful friend and an all around beautiful person!! I am so thankful to have you in my life! I love you, keep spreading your sunshine one day at a time and before long, your sunshine will shine back on your heart!

Hugs all the way from my house to yours!
Love you, -T

mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Hi Angie! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am following yours now. You're right.. we do need to smile more and living in this moment.

-Lauren
http://elliesooblog.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

Ah, this is a great list. I too need to work on living in the moment .... not worrying about what's to come. I am HORRIBLE at that! I was actually worrying about it the other day -- horrible cycle! :)

LaraMackenzie said...

Amen, sister! I think we'd all need to be better about living in the now. Well, at least I do! I worry way too much. But such is life.

Love your blog, btw! Nice to meet you, too! :)

two birds said...

focusing on the present is one i always need to work on, but it's hard!! nevertheless, it's great advice!