Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Show the Love

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.  ~John Burroughs

It happened this afternoon...

Mom: Angie, are you trying to lose weight?  How much have you lost?  I can see it in your face in the photos you post.
Me: Yes, I did lose some, but I'm working to maintain now, not continuing to go down....

I love you momma!  Thank you for your concern...I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!

This call got me thinking...I need to be more diligent about sharing concerns or thoughts or feelings toward others.  A lot of stuff in my life has changed in the last month, besides my weight.  But I suddenly feel like I'm neglecting my friends and not spreading enough sunshine to those around me.

So I have decided to fix that.  And I started tonight with a girl at the gym.  She and her fiance/husband (not sure which) are at the gym most evenings, although they were AWOL for a couple of weeks (and no, it's not Fran and Lyle. This is a younger-than-me-couple, probably 25ish.  For real!  Crap...you would think I would have learned my lesson last time!).  Anyhoo, she's lost weight.  You can see it all over. Whatever she's been up to, it's working for her!  So I told her.  And she was so excited..."you totally made my entire day."  YEA!  

Little things like that.  Just knowing that I had an impact on someone else's day, in a positive way, makes me so happy!

One of my friends at work told me today that another one of our friends has been on her mind, so she let her know...and she made that friend's day, just by vocalizing her thoughts.

Friends, this is what I need to work on.  When someone pops into my brain, it's for a reason.  I may not know the exact cause, or even know that they need me, but that person may simply need to know that someone is thinking about them.

So make the effort.  Send a text.  Send an email.  Drive by their house and stalk them.  Let them know that you're thinking about them. Because this life is stinking short and honestly, you don't know when the next opportunity will arise!

How will YOU take this opportunity to make someone else's day THAT MUCH BETTER?

And I apologize for my lack of photos today...didn't get the chance to take any...other than this one of my most scrumptious dinner...


Seriously, I need to stop being so lazy because I am an AMAZING cook!!  YUM! (recipe shared by Jenni at Story of My Life.  Seriously...scrumptious!)

Have an awesome day!
Ang

3 comments:

lospring said...

Ever think of what that voice is that you keep hearing, telling you a friends name?
Take action.... Good move!

Jenn said...

This is a great reminder! It always makes me happy too when I actually voice my thoughts for others (in a nice way :). Sometimes I get lazy and/or shy and don't and that's dumb!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Looks DELISH! Makes my mouth water... haha. Thanks for the linkback! :)