Thursday, April 12, 2012

Numb...I think



Have you ever given up an unhealthy something, not once, not twice, but a hundred thousand million times?

And then continued to go back for the unhealthiness?  It's like an addiction...you can't get enough.  No matter what you tell yourself, you know for fact it's unhealthy, but you keep going back.  

Until one day, you don't.

I did that today. I gave up an unhealthy something for the hundred thousand millionth time.  And I can feel in my bones that today was the last time I'll have to give it up.

And I'm numb.


It's a strange feeling.  I expected the usual sadness and pain and anger and everything else I've felt every other time.  But this time, just numb.  

Not to say the rest of it won't be waiting for me on my bedside table in the morning when I wake up, but right now, I know that the unhealthiness is done.

And I'm numb.


Kind of heavy...I apologize.  And it's not a poor me/pity post, so no worries.  Just thoughts I'm sharing with you all today.


Thanks for stopping by and taking part.

Ang

P.S.  I've linked up with Guts & Glamour today.  Go say hi to the lovely Jessica!

3 comments:

MzJessicaxo said...

Great post gorgeous!!
You can still add your link if you wanna link up and spread some positive vibes!

xxx Jessica

Emily said...

I'm not particularly good at giving up the unhealthy, so I feel ya on that. And rooting you on! Also, I love the sunsets - gorgeous!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Sometimes I feel the same way. This week I have been a nut ball. But then I read blogs or look at things that surround me and find humor in the dumbest things. Even when we are numb, its absolutely 100 percent ok. I also usually eat a giant hamburger. Beef makes things all better! Big hugs!